"Who are the best in their fields that the heart must come before ability, honor and money... "
"The attitude should be wholehearted and truthful."
-Bae Yong Joon-

Monday, March 19, 2012

[Flash Back] A Love From Puerto Rico

"One of the things that I love most is when I read the post about the feelings of BYJ  fans. And thanks to baesister dam-su who has posted this on soompi. Thanks for sharing!^__^"


==============================
Repost: soompi/dam-su

original source: Welcome to Asia Love: A Latina's LOVE for everything ASIAN ~
written by: Tany (moonfairydoll)

Wednesday, July 12, 2006
                                        
The one that started it all...  

        


I  think my absolute love & sometimes unhealthy obsession with  everything Asian can be attributed single-handedly to one man and one  man only.

BAE YONG JOON.

Before I fell completely in love with him the only Asian actors I actually knew about and liked were Chow Yun-Fat & Jet Li, and even then I had only seen them in American films. And of course I've always liked Asian-American actors like Lucy Liu & Margaret Cho  amongst others. But I never had a true taste of real Asian culture  until the first time I saw BYJ on TV. While other Bae sisters may have  seen him for the first time in Winter Sonata, I actually discovered him  through the kdrama 'Hotelier'. I had never in my life  seen an Asian drama before, I didn't even know they existed. I was  changing channels and landed on what was then International Channel and  is now known as AZN TV (which sadly I don't have  anymore *cries*) and saw these two Asian actors (at the time I didn't  know they were Korean); who I later came to know as Song Yun Ah & Kim Seung Woo,  and thought 'cool, an Asian movie', but it was only a matter a minutes  before I discovered it was what I had come to know all my life as a Novela or soap opera. I became hooked immediately.

Curiously  enough the first time I saw BYJ I didn't like him all that much, I  know... hard to believe. I thought he was cute, but that was that. It  was his portrayal of Frank Shin that made me fall completely  head-over-heels in love with him. His performance in Hotelier in my  opinion is one of his best to date. I just love him in that drama (even  more than in Winter Sonata and that's a lot). After that I just had to find out more about him, the drama & the other actors.

It was while looking for more info on the theme songs of Hotelier that I discovered the great world of Kpop, which led me to Jpop & Cpop.  After a while I developed a love for Asian movies, dramas & music.  It's been a year and half since I first saw BYJ and thanks to him I've  discovered a world full of rich culture, great music, stellar acting and  entertaining stories.

My love for everything Asian is so great  that I even have a deep desire to learn to speak, read & write in  Korean and one of my biggest dreams is to visit South Korea someday.

To  date I've only been able to watch 2 of BYJ's dramas (Hotelier &  Winter Sonata) & one of his movies (Untold Scandal), but hopefully  I'll be able to watch more of Yong Joon oppa and his amazing acting in  the future.

While I've become a fan of many other Asian actors & music artists, Bae Yong Joon  remains my favorite, and always will be. Because while reading more  about him I discovered not only an amazing actor but someone who is  real, kind-hearted & someone that makes his fans feel like family.  His candor and humility keep me hooked to anything and everything he  does. And I only wish the best for him in his professional &  personal life.

So thank you Yong Joon for opening the doors to a  whole new world & culture to me. You'll never know the impact you've  had on this 26 year old latina from Puerto Rico.


No comments:

Post a Comment